RE: [squid-users] changing file locations on compilation

From: Clemson, Chris <Chris.Clemson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:25:49 -0000

> > squid.conf is in /etc (which is good, IMO),
> > the squid executable is in /usr/sbin

> A quite interesting observation,which I simply don't agree
> or agree (?) with :
>
> Many UNIX app. tools think, sometimes, it is best, to follow
> the traditional UNIX system dir. structure to get themselves
> installed
> and configured.
> This is mostly an historical issue.

hmm, but if all the configs are in the same place, you don't need to keep
changing directories when reconfiguring stuff.

but anyway, I don't want to start a holy war this early in joining a list :)

thanks for your comments!

                                chris

--
The content of this e-mail is confidential, may contain privileged material
and is intended solely for the recipient(s) named above. If you receive this