Re: [squid-users] --> Problems with DISKD

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 14:19:52 +0200

"Alex Carlos Braga Antão" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been running my squid proxy for about 3 weeks, with no problems.
> Yesterday, my squid cache started getting a lot of messages:
>
> 2003/07/01 08:23:13| storeDiskdSend OPEN: (35) Resource temporarily
> unavailable
>
> 2003/07/01 08:23:13| storeDiskdSend: msgsnd: (35) Resource temporarily
> unavailable
>
> I realized that my kernel configuration was worng, and configured it exactly
> like in the docs:
>
> kern.ipc.msgmax: 16384
>
> kern.ipc.msgmni: 40
>
> kern.ipc.msgmnb: 2048
>
> kern.ipc.msgtql: 40
>
> kern.ipc.msgssz: 8
>
> kern.ipc.msgseg: 2048
>
> msg 4 25K 25K 4 512,4096,16384
>
> kern.msgbuf:
>
> kern.msgbuf_clear: 0
>
> security.bsd.unprivileged_read_msgbuf: 1
>
> Then I Rebuilt the cache_dir and restarted it. No more messages received,
> until today. I´m getting the same messages. For a workarround, I cleared the
> cache and configured it to aufs. I think DISKD is better than AUFS (is it??)
> and I´d like to use it, but what may be happening ????

 Whether diskd is better then aufs depends on the os being used.
 For freebsd diskd is the appropriate choice.

 What may be happening is not clearly defined in questional terms.
 Did you get the intended parameters from the FAQ ?
 If not consult the FAQ, also.

 Try to do 'echo verification' on the intended setup.
 If the kernel params. were changed, then using an online tool
 verify the intended settings.

 In the worst case the FAQ is wrong for 2.5S3 and you may need
 further tweaking/experimenting with the given kernel params.
 This may also depend on your cache load (http reqs/sec = ?)

 M.

--
 'Love is truth without any future.
 (M.E. 1997)