Re: [squid-users] Re: Unable to forward this request at this time

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:47:58 +0200

On Wednesday 09 July 2003 01.55, Norman Zhang wrote:

> I set miss_access allow all, but problem still persists. Do you
> have further suggestions. BTW, should I be prompted for the
> username and password as I had set
>
> acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED

You also need to use this in http_access.

> But I got the "Unable to forward this request at this time." as
> soon as I hit on any page.

The only two directives which can give this error is

   miss_access
   never_direct

The default of both are suitable for most setups. You should not set
these directives in squid.conf at all unless you have a clear reason
why to as these are not about access control but how Squid may
forward allowed requests to/from your peer caches. So make sure you
don't have any of these in yor squid.conf anywhere and then restart
squid.

If you still have problems, please post your squid.conf (without the
comments).

Regards
Henrik