[squid-users] Problem Running Squid.

From: anant shintre <adshintre@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 08:31:34 -0700 (PDT)

I think Squid is compiled, configured and installed
properly.
I am following Squid FAQ in which it says
"
NOTE: If you run Squid as root then you may need to
first create /usr/local/squid/var/logs and your
cache_dir directories and assign ownership of these to
the cache_effective_user configured in your
squid.conf.

Once the creation of the cache directories completes,
you can start Squid and try it out. Probably the best
thing to do is run it from your terminal and watch the
debugging output. Use this command:

        % /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -NCd1

If everything is working okay, you will see the line:

        Ready to serve requests.

I am attaching cache.log file in directory
"var/log/squid" .
Following lines are appearing in the file cache.log.
"
2003/07/18 20:32:30| Accepting HTTP connections at
0.0.0.0, port 8080, FD 10.
2003/07/18 20:32:30| Accepting ICP messages at
0.0.0.0, port 3130, FD 11.
"
Does this mean that there is some error.
Also access.log file in directory "var/log/squid" is
totally blank.
I am new to this mailing list. Don't know whether I am
asking too much help.

Thanks