[squid-users] ldap query okay, but proxy_auth problem

From: <buerger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:19:49 +0200

Hello squid users,

I am running squid 2.5stable1 on SuseLinux 8.1 and have some problems with proxy authentication;hope you can help me!

I have allready found the right commandline parameters for the squid_ldap_auth modul. Querys against my MSAD (Microsoft Active Directory)working fine: for a correct username/password pair the auth modul returns an OK!

So i added the following lines to my squid.conf:

auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_ldap_auth -b ......
acl ldap proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow ldap

Now my browser (Opera 7.11, Mozilla 1.3 and ie6.0) prompt an authentication window, but if i enter a correct username/password pair the window pop up again and in the access.log the line:
1058880108.521 522 10.10.10.11 TCP_DENIED/407 1686 GET http://www.url.com - NONE/- text/html
is written.

I hope you can tell me whats wrong with my squid.conf!

Thank you in advance
Yours sincerely,
Manfred