[squid-users] ACL for Users: what is best?

From: Fernando Maior <fernando@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:35:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

1)
I am using LDAP for authenticating. I would like my users to
be divided into groups with different access rights.

level1 - can access any site
level2 - can access any site not in blacklist
level3 - can access intranet sites only

2)
I configured squid for authenticate to LDAP.

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth ...
auth_param basic children 10
auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

3)
I inserted a new attribute to LDAP called internetClass,
that can have "level1", "level2" or "level3" as content.

4)
Is there a way to create ACLs that can control the
rights for each group of users as described in 1)?

5)
Now I am using a script that prepares three files, one
for each group of users, and one ACL for each group,
like:

acl LEVEL1 proxy_auth_regex -i "/etc/squid/user/level1"
acl LEVEL2 proxy_auth_regex -i "/etc/squid/user/level2"
acl LEVEL3 proxy_auth_regex -i "/etc/squid/user/level3"

The script runs under cron and issues a -k reconfigure at
the end.

6)
Just for information, other rules are:

acl BLACKLIST urlpath_regex -i "/etc/squid/block/blacklist"
acl INTRANET urlpath_regex -i "/etc/squid/block/intranet"

... and:

http_access allow LEVEL1
http_access allow LEVEL2 !BLACKLIST
http_access allow LEVEL3 INTRANET