[squid-users] Prompt for authentication even while using NTLM_AUTH

From: Isaias - Sinosnet <isaias@dont-contact.us>
Date: 07 Oct 2003 08:07:08 -0300

Hello!

From some weeks to now, my users are reporting that while they are
browsing in random web sites (all this sites are permited by acls in
squid.conf) they are prompted for user/password/domain by Internet
Explorer...

Well, I'm using NTLM_AUTH and it worked fine until now... I've been
using 100 authentication children processes... by now, I'm usgin 200 and
the prompts still appearing... It's ok that the number of users growed,
but it didn't grow so much that it will require 200 authentication
processes...

There is any way that I can see if the problem really is the number of
authentication processes? Anyone has faced this issue before?

Thanks and regards to all!

Isaias