[squid-users] FreeBSD + Squid + DISKD

From: Luciano Lima <luciano@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:13:30 -0200

Hi all,

I´m using squid in a freebsd 5.1 box with the following hardware
configuration:
Pentium 4 2.4GHz, 1GB RAM 2x 17GB SCSI disks, wich rates up to
140packets/sec and about 5Mbps traffic.

I made all recomendations from squid-cache site in my kernel and used the
ports 2.5 squid version, wich is 2.5 stable 3 plus some patches I think.

Sometimes the following messages appears in console:

pid 16016 (squid), uid 65534: exited on signal 6
Limiting closed port RST response from 244 to 200 packets/sec
Limiting closed port RST response from 249 to 200 packets/sec

These messages are less frequent if I use ufs method in squid.conf, but I
know I lose performance using ufs.

Before I make the kernel modifications as suggested in squid-cache site, the
messages was too much frequent so thant I had to use ufs.

I´ve also tried latest source from squid-cache (2.5 stable 5).

Anyone ?

Thanks.

Luciano Lima
Elo Internet