[squid-users] Re: Squid and cttproxy

From: Atit Jariwala <atit@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:08:07 -0700

Hi ,
 I think you are using cttproxy for Transparent Spoofing of Cache Server. To
pass client IP, right?
Doing this is done via setsockopt & it is priviledged operation requiring
CAP_NET_ADMIN capabilities to be present in process executing sesockopt.
U need kernel 2.4+ as it provides support for capabilities. package for
linux capabilities is libcap.
-- Atit Jariwala