Re: [squid-users] Query on squid Windows 2k user authentication with IP address restriction

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:12:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 azad_a@chennai.tcs.co.in wrote:

> I,m using squid + windows 2000 + smb_auth for authenticating Windows
> domain users. Now only user authentication is happening .Can I do both
> user as well as IP address authentication.

Yes.

If you only have a few users then this can be done in squid.conf by
definint two acls per user, one IP acl and one proxy_auth acl.

acl user1_ip src 10.10.10.1
acl user1_login proxy_auth user1
http_access allow user1 user1_ip
http_access deny user1

If you have very many users then the ip_user external acl helper will be
most suitable for the job (a lot easier to maintain the user+ip database)

Regards
Henrik