Re: [squid-users] Bypassing Squid LDAP authentication?

From: <jeff.richards@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:42:32 +1000

You just need to set up an acl for that subnet and position the relevant
http_access entry prior to the entry allowing LDAP-authorized requests.

Jeff

--
Jeff Richards
Technical Consultant

                      pete_berger@ifmef
                      ector.com                To:       squid-users@squid-cache.org
                                               cc:
                      22/10/2003 23:10         Subject:  [squid-users] Bypassing Squid LDAP authentication?

                                        |---------------------|
                                        | ( ) Urgent(4 hours) |
                                        | (*) Normal(24-48)   |
                                        | ( ) Low(72 hours)   |
                                        |---------------------|  Expires on

Hello,
        Squid-newbie here. Was wondering if/how it's possible to bypass
the LDAP authentication for Squid and let every single user with a
specific LAN subnet (ie: 192.168.190.*) to surf the internet without
providing credentials. Right now we're using Netscape Directory services
for LDAP. (but would like to move to Microsoft's AD). Any help would be
great...the more the better since I didn't setup this Squid system and
know nothing about SuSe Linux. Thanks. :)
Peter A. Berger Jr.
 Systems Administrator
 ifm efector, Inc.
 610.524.2760
 HP Certified Professional,
 CCNA, Network+, Server+, A+
Important:  This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, commercially valuable or subject to legal or parliamentary privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any review, re-transmission, disclosure, use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited by several Commonwealth Acts of Parliament.  If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.