Re: [squid-users] Read Receipts- Why? IT'S A MAILING LIST!

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:17:38 +0200

"Mark A. Lewis" wrote:

> I have noticed that quite a few of the people posting here request read
> receipts. I for one feel that this is basically foolish and should be
> stopped. It is not only a pain for all the subscribers, but produces a
> ton of COMPLETELY unneeded mail from both ends.

 Your crusade may and is probably honest.
 But as usual , the debate may create more overhead then
 reduce traffic.

 I simply hit cancel on the request. Bit like the dropping
 attitude of my Firewall for several 'situations'.
 May be the best policy on the long run, since people may have
 this as default setting on their mailer, and you and I are not going
 to control this in the forseeable future...

 M.