RE: [squid-users] time based Instant Message blocking

From: Manu C S <manu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:25:22 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

>Insert a rule allowing IM access before you require authentication in
>http_access.

What would that look like in a squid.conf file?
Right now, I have the following order of acl operator lines:
acl student proxy_auth REQUIRED

# allow unrestricted access to admins & staff
http_access allow restrict-im admin-mc
http_access allow restrict-im staff-mc

# time restricted access for students
http_access allow holiday-time restrict-im localnet
http_access allow morning-time restrict-im localnet
http_access allow night-time restrict-im localnet
http_access allow student localnet
Am I missing something here?

>You could also check with Yahoo to see if their messeger
>program supports proxy authentication - the feature might either be
>hidden or available in newer versions.

I'm using the latest 5.6 version.
It supports SOCKS5 authentication, but not for HTTP proxy.

Regards,
Manu