[squid-users] Processing of squid?

From: Kusuma Samorthong <assamah@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 00:47:20 +0700

I found processing of squid in web site. Processing of squid following:

1. Squid Initialization – opens connection (socket) for http and ICP
traffic.
2. Client starts connection on http port, connection is established and new
client fd is assigned.
3. Client sends request, SQUID receives the request, parses it, all headers
(http), methods etc.
4. SQUID processes the request, checks if object is there or not i.e. if HIT
in cache or MISS.
5. If it was MISS, find out the proper server cache where to send request
(from Client).
6. Open socket and try to connect to the selected server.
7. Create a request for server and then send it to server by writing it to
server socket.
8. Response came from server – process the response.
9. Send data back to client.
10.Write object (cache it) or to the Disk.

I attach a picture processing of squid.

I want to know that is it really processing of squid according?

Regards,

Ae

clientRequest.gif