[squid-users] redirect_children not independent ??

From: OTR Comm <otrcomm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:44:03 -0700

Hello,

I have squid running with squidGuard as a redirector and ncsa_auth for
authentication. I have put some debugging hooks (mostly some counters)
in the squidGuard code, and find that even if I start multiple sessions
with different userIDs under squid, all the squidGuard sessions share
the values for the counters.

That is, if I start a session in squid and goto five (5) blacklisted
sites, one of my counters has moved to five (5). Then if I start
another squid session for a different user (while the first one is still
active), the counter for blacklisted sites visited is set at five (5)
from the first session, and if the second user visits a blacklisted
site, the counter moves to six (6). So it appears that both sessions
visited six (6).

This seems to imply that the redirect_children are not really unique
threads from squid, is this correct?

Thanks,
Murrah Boswell