Re: [squid-users] diskd - option

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 16:10:30 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, shadha nker wrote:

> But when i try to run as
> ./libexec/diskd
> Assertion failed: 4 == argc, file diskd.c, line 289
> Abort(coredump)
>
> I don't know whats the reason for coredump.

You are not supposed to execute diskd this way, and it most likely will
crash and burn if you do.

We could add code to diskd detecting if someone tries to execute it
manaually and give an error message, but in the 3 years diskd has been
part of the distribution you are the only one who has taken up this
discussion.

> Then same way when i try to run wb_auth and wb_group,
> it gives as
> # ./wb_auth
> /wb_auth[23669](wb_basic_auth.c:161): Can't contact
> winbindd. Dying
> # ./wb_group
> /wb_group[23670](wb_check_group.c:309): Can't contact
> winbindd. Dying

Most likely you do not have winbindd running on your system. Or you have
another version of Samba than the helpers was designed for.

Regards
Henrik