Re: [squid-users] Squid versus Microsoft ISA - multiple Squid processors on one box

From: Kinkie <kinkie-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 16:43:59 +0100

jonathan_hughes@goodyear.co.za writes:

> When I try to run multiple Squid processors from the command line it tells
> me that Squid is already running and returns the process ID.

[...]

You have to tweak various parameters for this to work correctly: prepare a
second configuration file which differs from the first at least on

cache_access_log
cache_log
pid_filename
http_port
icp_port
snmp_port

and possibly also

udp_incoming_address
udp_outgoing_address
snmp_incoming_address
snmp_outgoing_address

launch with squid -f /path/to/second.conf

et voila.

--
	kinkie (kinkie-squid [at] kinkie [dot] it)
	Random fortune, unrelated to the message: