[squid-users] authentication problems with IE

From: Sankhla Ullas <ullasuec@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 20:13:32 +0500 (GMT)

Hi all,
 i m newbie and i am facing a very awkward problem
 i m running squid 2.5 STABLE 1 on RHL 9
 i am behind a firewall and i m running squid on
 port 3128. I use ncsa_auth authentication
 when i configure for proxy on browsers
 (mozilla and konqurer) on linux
 machines i m asked for the username and password.
 but when i do the same on windows machines (IE and opera)
 i am not asked for the username and password but instead
 i get the access denied page.
 can anybody plz tell me why is it happening .
 i have checked everything and everwhere from the net
 to my conf file but cudnt find any mistake

 thanks in advance
 Ullas Sankhla