[squid-users] NTLM only for logging & delay pools?

From: Niksa Franceschi <N.Franceschi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:19:29 +0100

Hi!

I maybe didnt explain good in last mail here.

Here's what I need to do:
Use NTLM only for logging in access.log & to use for delay pools (all fit in one
pool, while few users in different pool).

All users should be allowed to use proxy, without being prompted for login/passwd information.

Problem is if I use NTLM for authentication, browsers which don't understand
NTLM get either box to enter login/passwd (if using basic auth afterwards),
or cache access denied if using only NTLM auth (even though I put in squid.conf
http_access allow all afterwards).
If I dont use NTLM as authentication, I don't get usernames from NT domain.

So is it possible & how to use NTLM only for loggin of usernames which use NTLM
aware browsers, while other are logged only by IP (and *all* need to be able to use
proxy, without being prompted for password)?

Greetings
Niksa