[squid-users] Configuring PIX with Squid

From: David O <rdavido@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:35:44 +0000

hi:

I am trying to help someone setup his PIX firewall to use Squid. Problem is
he doesn't know how to configure the PIX and I don't have one to even try to
figure it out, but this seems like a very basic task for a firewall.

Does anyone have a PIX that has done this? If so, do you have any detailed
instructions? I am the first to admin this is like the blind leading the
blind. I tried calling Cisco on his behalf but was rebuffed by their
support system.

All I need is a basic port forward command to direct 80, 8080 and 443
traffic to the squid box.

Setup:
PIX 520
Squid 2.5 Stable1, behind the firewall.