Re: [squid-users] Cache consuming more space than set to consume - Getting Critical

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 22:54:33 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 SMORRIS@UP.COM wrote:

> Would you like any config files or anything from my setup? It's definitely
> growing beyond the size I set it to (assuming I have the setting done
> correctly in squid.conf):

No thanks.

The only relevant settings are your cache_dir and the swap max/min
settings.

> Also, is there a way I can remove some of the cache without killing all of
> it?

Just remove some files in the cache subdirectories. But keep the
directories.

Squid will be a little upset if there is a cache hit on a file you have
removed but it automatically recovers.

But I am still not convinced your problem is the cache growing beyond the
cache_dir size. If there was such problems in 2.5.STABLE1 I am pretty sure
we would have known about it already.

So please use "du" to investivate the usage within you cache directory,
and verify that your swap.state file and other log files are not
exessively large (as they get if log rotation is not set up).

Regards
Henrik