Re: [squid-users] squid, forwarding some specific requests to another proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:11:10 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Shahriar Mokhtari wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if I can set up another small
> cache server that uses a parent (say one of ircache) and then set it to
> be a sibiling for my main cache server.

You can configure things in this manner, but not for doing what you ask
for.

A sibling will not get any traffic unless it has clients of it's own.
Requests are only forwarded to a sibling if the sibling reports it already
have the requested object cached.

You can set it up as a parent however.

> This helps me to do whatever modification I need in future without
> messing a lot with the main cache server.

What is the problem with doing this on the main cache server?

Regards
Henrik