Re: [squid-users] Proxy-Chaining

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:01:41 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Andreas Neumeier wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I tried to build a proxy chain with
>
> cache_peer
> and
> cache_peer_access
> as well using:
> always_direct deny
> never_direct allow
>
> Now, normal operation seems to work like this:
>
> client <-> squid1 <-> squid2 <-> target-net

You proably shouldn't mix always_direct and never_direct.
On squid1 you should probably only put:

    never_direct allow all

> Only thing that doesn't seem to work: Any POST seems to be ignored (by
> proxy1, probably).

You need to explain what you mean by ignored. Be as specific as possible.

> Also, I'm not sure how to handle SSL, (CONNECT). This must return DIRECT,
> which actually must bypass both squids. Am I right here?

You need to either configure your clients to forward SSL requests to
squid1, or configure your firewall to allow SSL traffic to pass
through directly.

Duane W.