[squid-users] Newbie needs help

From: <mrflora@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:36:31 -0600 (CST)

Hello all, I am a complete squid novice. I have just installed squid on a
server running Red Hat 7.2. I am not sure I have set up squid.conf
correctly. When I issue the command "squid -z", I get no errors. When I
run squid, I get no errors. However, a few seconds later the daemon dies.
 There are no error messages in the log files in /var/log/squid. Does
anyone have any insight as to what is happening here?

I am not using a separate cache partition, just a directory /cache. Also,
"squid -z" initially complained about setting "visible_hostname", so I
added a line in squid.conf:

visible_hostname <name of server>

Is this right?

Thanks,