[squid-users] Reverse Proxy with Redirector and snort rules

From: <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:56:01 +0100

I've been using squid as a web cache for awhile. I read this great
article on using Squid as a reverse proxy to prevent attacks against a
web server (article at:
http://www.unixreview.com/documents/s=8989/sam0402c/ ). Unfortunately I
cannot find a redirector that is written for this purpose. I was
thinking about using squirm or jesred and grabbing the rewrite rules
from snort. I can probably write a script that grabs the rules
periodically and writes the redirector configuration file, but I was
hoping someone might have already thought of this and have a better
solution.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

JJ