Re: [squid-users] Proxy not caching and DEAD/REVIVED parent (and signal 6 error solved)

From: Éliás Tamás <eliast@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:17:53 +0100

Hy.
> Is the clock set correctly?
Why is that so important? the clocks' of the pcs are not atomic-synchronised,
but far or less good...
> What is said in access.log?
there are FIRST_PARENT_MISSes in it. The child proxy should not save the data
getting through? I don't belive that. Or I should make not a parent-chil
relationship between them, only two ordianry, standalone proxies?
The first proxy is on my main gateway, the other proxy (the child) is at the
other end of a wireless link, on the other gateway. the figure shows:

 INTERNET

MAIN GATEWAY ---- wireless link (11Mbps) ---- OTHER GATEWAY
   | |
  LAN LAN