[squid-users] odd 'connection refused' issues 2.5-stable3

From: Shane DeRidder <shane@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:00:20 -0500

I have two squid servers running in a load-balanced transparent proxy
setup. The two servers are siblings. One server is running on Fedora
Core 1 with all the relevant security updates. The other is a RedHat 9
server, also with all the available updates. Both servers are
i386-based systems.

On occasion, and without any noticeable pattern, one of the two servers
will refuse connections to both web traffic and cache peering. The
period of time is usually quite short; less than a minute, but users of
these servers are noticing it.

I originally thought I may be running out of file descriptors, but that
isn't the case.

Does anyone have any suggestions to try to troubleshoot this issue, or
has anyone seen this sort of thing before?

Thanks,

Shane-

--
| Silicon Dairy, LLC.      802.846.4433 x101        | 0        ||----w |