[squid-users] Squid Accelerator + SSL

From: <sampei02@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 22:12:32 +0200

About Windows Update caching with Squid acccelerator + SSL update:
I'd like understanding how this SSL patch works;
when client browser runs https request to Squid acc. , it's possibile to
redirect request to Microsoft Windows Update in the same way as Proxy server
regardless of https content ?!
SSL certificate should be installed on MS W.U. server but can I avoid to
install certificate on my squid accelerator ?
I think Squid accelerator ( + ssl update) can handle https request forwarding
to original server, but unlikely it's not true. I'm interesting to install
SSL update but I'm not sure that this update can resolve my https requests
caching problem.
If I was interested to accelerate another server (no MS W.U) where can I
take certificate to put in squid acc. and how it's generated ?!