Re: [squid-users] Squid in CPAN

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 23:47:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Jose Nathaniel Nengasca wrote:

> I think i have not driven my question to the right road, what i want to know
> if theres a site or a program (now or in the future) that has the ability to
> update squid on-demand (other than up2date from redhat) without actually
> getting your hands dirty in downloading and re-compiling from the source
> code...

This is very dependent on your OS and what update mechanisms is available
for your OS.

Squid is an Open Source application. What squid-cahce.org delivers is the
source. We rely on OS wendors to provide binaries and updates for their
OS.

I would recommend you to get your hands dirty. It is a refreshing
experience and not at all very difficult. But it helps if you know how
your OS starts applications at boot etc as this the integration of this
part is usually provided by the OS vendor..

Regards
Henrik