Re: [squid-users] Re: VirusWall and Squid ACL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 11:06:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Norman Zhang wrote:

> > Is UDP echo port enabled in 127.0.0.1 (localhost) /etc/inetd.conf file.
>
> Is this what you mean? I'm still stuck. I'm not sure I did wrong.

echo is not needed. You can just as well specify the "no-query" option.

the use of echo querying when the two is running on the same host is nil,
and even when running on different hosts close to nil. This kind of
querying is mainly interesting if you have many peers on different links
and whant your Squid to have a feeling of which peer is best connected at
the moment..

Regards
Henrik