[squid-users] building the cache while squid is running

From: <Arno.STREULI@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:52:56 +0200

Hi all,
I try to add some directory to my squid box, and following the FAQ (point
7.9) I should be able to do a squid -z who will look with the new cache I
have:

existing one:
cache_dir diskd /cache 20000 16 256

new cache dir:
cache_dir diskd /cache1 16000 16 256
cache_dir diskd /cache2 16000 16 256

but I always get the message that squid is already running !?!?
bash-2.05# ../sbin/squid -z
2004/05/11 09:52:34| Squid is already running! Process ID 317

Is their a way to build a cache dir without interrupting squid ?

Thanks,

Arno

DISCLAIMER - E-MAIL
The information contained in this E-Mail is intended for the named
recipient(s). It may contain certain privileged and confidential
information, or information which is otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
copy,distribute or take any action in reliance on this information