[squid-users] OK to enable HTTP v1.1 to proxy in IE?

From: Steve Snyder <swsnyder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 13:15:40 -0500

I'm using IE v6.0/SP1, accessing the Internet through a Squid 2.5S5 proxy.
All available patches have been applied to both IE and Squid.

By default IE disables HTTP v1.1 access when a proxy is in use - see the
Advanced tab in Internet Options. (The rationale is to avoid problem
with HTTP v1.0-only proxies.) I would like to enable this option to take
advantage of compressed HTML content. I am aware that Squid implements
some, but not all, HTTP v1.1 features.

So... will I encounter any problems if I allow IE to access Squid as a
HTTP v1.1 proxy?

Thanks.