[squid-users] Squid Showing internal IP to outside Websites

From: Daniel \ <stonegate@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 05:46:31 +0200

Hello,
at work we use Squid 2.4 on Suse Linux 8.1 and i just configured the ACLs so
our Squid accepts requests from outside of our local network when the
correct password is entered.

However regular Apache Webserver Logfiles show our company IP adress when
you access foreign sites via our proxy, messageboards like Phpbb just dont
give anything about our company IP the squid uses.. They just show the
posters (users) REAL (dial-up) IP.

So basically you are at home on dial-up... put in squid into your IE
settings.. supply a password and squid routes your accesses to websites
telling those sites that it is the SQUID requesting that site, not the user
on the dial-up ..

So .. What can i do to stop squid leaking the outside (dial-up) IP and tell
all websites that the request came from SQUID instead?
Since Authentication works fine i think the problem might be Squid itself..
It shouldnt leak the proxied (dial-up) IP to the world... but it does.. how
can i anonymize my requests?

I hope you understand what i mean..
Maybe there is some ACL or some settings for it.. I am pretty new with squid
and i couldnt find anything on the mailing list archives.. So thats why i am
posting here.. hope i get some usefull replies.

Thanks
Daniel "Stonegate" Fischer