Re: [squid-users] Squid performance issue [again]

From: Hendrik Voigtländer <hendrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 22:35:41 +0200

Hello,

Our system uses striped cache disks.
I really wonder if there is a difference between e.g. 2x36GB striped
with a decent RAID-Controller (HP/Compaq, to be precise) or using those
disks independend from each other (only for squid cache, of course)
1st case: both disks on same controller, same performance as striped?
2nd case: different controllers, faster?

What do you think?

Regards, Hendrik Voigtländer