Re: [squid-users] Source of precompiled ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:29:38 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Abdock wrote:

> I am rebuilding my Cache server from scratch, but am just not sure weather i should use the precompiled version of Squid or download source.

Building from source is not difficult, and gives you full flexibility.

> If i use the precompiled version, where can i increase file descriptors ? And also will snmp work ?

Both these are defined when the binary is built, and can not be answered
in general terms (only for a specific binary).

Most binary vendors enable SNMP support, but I am not sure how many cares
to adjust the number of filedescriptors (default on Linux is 1024).

Regards
Henrik