Re: [squid-users] ACL-System:

From: squidrunner team <squidrunner_dev@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 01:48:21 -0700 (PDT)

> Option-1: (ACL):
> ----------------
> >You can make ACL setup to allow only user with
> their
> >corresponding IP-Address with http_access rule. It
> >will take two acl + 1 http_access per user.
>
> Can you please tell me how to define above type of
> ACL
> user+ip and Http_Access permission for the
> squid.conf
> file.

we can go with example as,

IP-Address 192.10.1.180 is assigned with test user
then,

acl test proxy_auth test
acl test_ip src 192.10.1.180/32
http_access allow test_ip test
..
..
http_access deny all

> Option-2: (external_acl_type):
> ------------------------------
> Can you please provide me the names of softwares
> which are doing this task in squid.

We have to write a perl / shell module to fetch
IP-Address and Username. We have to check it and
result OK if they are eligle else ERR as response.

Best Regards,
Squid Runner Team

SquidRunner - An Automatic Squid Builder
Web: http://freshmeat.net/projects/squidrunner/
Mail: squidrunner_dev at yahoo dot com