[squid-users] Squid Accelerater and SquidGuard rewrites - problem with rewrites

From: Rob Yamry <rob.yamry@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:51:43 -0500

I am using Squid-2.5.STABLE9 with the ssl patch and SquidGaurd 1.20 as
an redirector. I am using Squid as a reverse proxy (accelerator mode)
for multiple backend servers. Everything, including SSL, is working
fine with squid. My problem is rewrites with SquidGaurd. I am trying
to rewrite (redirect) http://site1.domain.com to
https://site1.domain.com/public/ . It rewrites the URL, but I get this
error:

Error Message:
While trying to retrieve the URL: https://site1.domain.com/public/

The following error was encountered:

    * Connection Failed

The system returned:

    (111) Connection refused

The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Alternatively, when I take the https out of squidGuard.conf out it
works. No error. Also, when I enter in any URL that contains the
substitution to url it rewrites it. I only want it to rewrite it if
its http://site1.domain.com. Also, I would like the new url to be
displayed in the address bar of the client web browser. Is this
possible. Below is my squidGuard.conf. I searched all over the place
for about 2 days and couldnt find any relevant infomation. Thanks for
all your help.

squidGuard.conf:
logdir /var/log/squidGuard

src allusers {