[squid-users] Squid authentication query

From: Wennie V. Lagmay <wlagmay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:45:34 +0300

Hi all,

I know that int squid access log I can extract the source IP, destination IP
or destination page, including time and date. The only problem with this
kind of setup I cannot identify the the user of the Ip at specific time
since we are using DHCP. My question can I use squid authentication to
identify the specific user of the net based on user ID? If it's yes Do I
need to install my sql or the squid it self can handle the authentication?
Am I going to define the username and password or the client can define it
by them self?

Thank you very much,

Wennie