[squid-users] preferred method for authentication?

From: Derrick MacPherson <dmacpherson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:23:11 -0700

we have a w2k and nis authentication on our network, our Pix uses RADIUS
to talk to the w2k to access the net, we are wanting to put a box with
squid on it to proxy and cache; my question is what would be the
preferred method to authenticate? I've been doing some digging and am
not sure if I should just use winbind, or should I use pam in between?
I'm not entirely aware of all the possibilities, so I'd like to hear a
few different scenarios..

Thanks