RE: [squid-users] squid as firewall/redirector and windowsupdate

From: Matt Ashfield <mda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:50:20 -0300

Additionally, I also allow access to our university's pages, and this works,
including https pages.

The windowsupdate site I can connect to, but when it begins to scan the
computer for required updates, it fails.

Weird. Does windowsupdate use other services other than https, when scanning
the computer? If so, I'd have to allow this thorugh the firewall I guess?

Thanks

Matt