[squid-users] ntlm_auth

From: Paul Flanders <lfdl06766@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:25:47 +0100

Hi,

I posted a message a few days ago regarding a problem i had with
ntlm_auth, since then i have done lots of surfing trying to find a
solution and as yet have not found an answer. To get my users back
online i have written a perl app returning OK or ERR and piped the
username and password to ntlm_auth then grab the output and return OK or
ERR. This is a bit of a work around however it now works perfectly the
browser doesnt stall at all. The only real drawback is that
authentication is no longer transparent. Ill keep searching for the
ideal solution which would be the ntlm param

I have a new question

I have set an acl

acl server src 192.168.0.10/255.255.255.255

and http

http_access allow server

Should this allow client 192.168.0.10 through the proxy without
authentication? Client 192.168.0.10 still asks for username and password
at the proxy, am i missing something.

thanks
Paul