Re: [squid-users] mem use and cache settings seems to be broke on 12

From: H <h@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:06:19 -0300

On Tuesday 01 November 2005 08:40, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> The proxy-only explains why there is no caching... (proxy-only simply says
> "Do not cache objects fetched from this peer")

I know but this is regarding objects which would be served by the cache_peer
but not for ALL request, right?
May be I am wrong but "objects fetched from from this cache should not be
saved locally" is what I really want but does not mean that NO objects should
not be saved locally any more.

> The exact details regarding why a lot more is now sent via the peer is
> another question, but when neither never_direct or always_direct is
> "allow" for the request Squid should prefer to send most requests via the
> peer if possible so it's actually more of a question why this was not done
> in the earlier version..

ok, but when I was monitoring I still had hundreds of connections dierctly to
remote servers not fetching from the parent. At least this objects should be
saved in cache_dir or on memory or not?

also I am suprised by that no-proxy then is not only affecting cache_dir but
also objects cached in RAM, right? If so probably a addicional explanation in
squid.conf.sample would do good because saved locally IMO is common sense for
saving to disk but not meant to mean hold in RAM also

H.

Service fornecido pelo Datacenter Matik https://datacenter.matik.com.br