[squid-users] squid as reverse proxy

From: Thomas Steimann <Thomas.Steimann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:11:44 +0100

Hi all,

I need to configure squid as a reverse proxy with several web-servers
behind. It is a Windows-Sharepoint-Portal Server which needs
authentication. A Username/Passwort Window pops up. Now I did a test
with this single host. My essential config:

https_port xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443 cert=/etc/squid/certs/inversum.pem
key=/etc/squid/certs/inversum.key

httpd_accel_host <destination webserver-ip>

httpd_accel_port 80

httpd_accel_single_host on

httpd_accel_with_proxy off

httpd_accel_uses_host_header off

always_direct allow all

ssl_unclean_shutdown off

redirect_rewrites_host_header off

I get an SSL connection but with an error message:

"Access Denied. Access control configuration prevents your request from
being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you
feel this is incorrect."

The Log gives me a Error 403 back:

10.10.1.100 TCP_MISS/403 1381 GET http://url/ - DIRECT/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
text/html

1132184138.942 0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx TCP_DENIED/403 1367 GET
http://url/favicon.ico - NONE/- text/html

I guess that squid cannot handle the authentication process from
Sharepoint!

Does anyone know how to configure this? And if it is working once J how
do I configure squid that this all works with multiple servers behind
the reverse proxy?

Thnx for help!

Greez

Thomas Steimann