Re: [squid-users] Re: squid with failover

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 01:34:53 +0100

sön 2006-11-05 klockan 01:21 +0100 skrev Jan-Frode Myklebust:

> I've been thinking about this earlier, and I think squid
> should be a very easy application for both active/passive
> and active/active clustering.

It is.

> Have hearthbeat from linux-ha.org manage the ip-addresses
> so that when all is OK, you have:

Or have a TCP load balancer infront of the Squids. What most people do.
Using WCCP to distribute the load is yet another alternative. With WCCP2
it can even be used for load balancing in non-transparent mode by
distributing based on the source IP rather than destination IP..

proxy PAC files is also an option, letting the clients do the load
distribution and failover. But it's not very good in dealing with
failover.. (there is some delays in browsing..).

Regards
Henrik