Re: [squid-users] Headers indicating X-Cache: MISS from russia.nscp.aoltw.net

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 01:27:41 +0100

mån 2006-11-20 klockan 16:11 -0800 skrev Mohan:
> I have finally gotten squid working in the accelerator mode. However I
> don't see squid caching any requests. The response headers contain,
> store.log I see these entries which I assume is releasing the cache.

First of all clear your browser cache when you start testing the Squid
cache.

Second, first tests is best done using simple HTTP clients such as
squidclient, wget etc.

Thirt, if in doubt check the cacheability status of the object you are
investigating. Quite often there is small details missing making objects
hard to cache. Your log do have some indications that the responses from
your origin server perhaps isn't the best in terms of cachability (no
expires, no last-modified).

Regards
Henrik