[squid-users] squid+wccp hash alotment

From: Manoj Rajkarnikar <manoj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:45:11 +0545 (NPT)

Hi all.

I have a question regarding squid and WCCP. I've noticed an issue with the
wccp hash bit alotment to individual cache in a farm for quite some time
and have searched alot with no luck. The problem is that in a farm of
squid cache (lets say 3 cache servers) connected to a WCCP router, if a
server gets disconnected for 10-15 minutes or more and then gets
reconnected, the hash bits alotted to that cache is changed. this means
that the urls previously served by this server would now go to another
cache and thus would take some time to rebuild the cache data.

I've searched through alot and have come to understand that its the squid
that informs the wccp router which bits are to be assigned to which squid
server. Is there a way to change the default behaviour of assigning the
hash bits to assign them in order of ip address manybe ??

Thanks alot in advance.

--
Manoj Rajkarnikar
System Administrator