[squid-users] Squid and LDAP authentication

From: Hubert Asior <hubert@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 19:57:34 +0000

I have squid authenticating against an LDAP directory server both running on Redhat
Enterprise AS 4.

I have installed chpasswd.cgi so that my users can change their own passwords.

The problem I have is that the chpasswd.conf file has an option password_file which
is where it expects to find the password to be changed. I do not know how to configure
chpasswd to change the LDAP password.

If anyone has solved this problem or knows of any other way I can achieve my aim, please
let me know since my users want to change the default passwords I have assigned to them.

Thanks