Re: [squid-users] peer problem with 2.6

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 09:28:48 -0200 (BRST)

Henrik Nordstrom disse na ultima mensagem:
> lör 2007-01-20 klockan 06:50 -0200 skrev Michel Santos:

> And squid.conf or cache.log?

please read again my former msg where I answered this

>> squid when running transparent mode is marking "x-forwarded request-IP,
>> my-outgoing-IP" isn't it?
>
> Squid always add an x-forwarded-for header with the original client IP
> unless told not to. No matter if it's configured for transparent
> interception or not.

why you then said in your former msg that you do not understand what I
mean with x-forward ?

>> so it seems that squid1 or squid2, when running on 127*, do NOT
>> understand
>> when my-outgoing-IP is 127.0.0.1 but does when it is any other
>>
>> or is it possible that squid assumes getting just forwarded packages by
>> the OS when running on 127* but not already forwarded packages from a
>> peer?
>
> Squid is a TCP application. It does not know or care about packets.

we know that all do we? But I ask your pardon for not using the perfect
correct expression here.

>> squid0 do *NOT* go direct since I have
>>
>> never_direct allow all
>> always_direct deny all
>
> Ok. Which leaves unique_hostname as the mist likely candidate. But you

perhaps you remember that we talked about this already and that
unique_host name is proper set, so we do not need to look at this again?
But who knows there is a misty drude in my system who each time I close my
squid configs change the unique host names in common host names. Any hint
how I can catch the beast?

> still have not told which error is seen, if there is anything logged in
> cache.log on either of the Squids, or what your configuration looks like
> so I can only guess.

ok, you must have hooked in here without reading the thread from the
beginning. My first message asking for help states the errors and has a
link to the cache.log(s)

>> ok, I will do it this days, but may be you like to look meanwhile where
>> squid get confused here because you said this should be the same on all
>> squid versions. Since there are no extra configurations for this case in
>> 2.6, my 2.5 config should work I guess.
>
> I don't know what to look for.

I must be on the wrong mailing list then ...

Michel

Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.