Re: [squid-users] ACL issues

From: Joao Ferreira <joao.miguel.c.ferreira@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:03:59 +0000

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 11:40 -0600, Craig Van Tassle wrote:
> I have been getting a lot of incorrect deny with my Squid system. I double
> checked the ACL's that I am using and sites like belkin.com are not in any of my
> acl's however they are still getting blocked. Is there how would I go about
> finding out what ACL is blocking access to these sites?

add this to your squid.conf:

jmf@azagthot:~$ cat /etc/squid/squid.conf | grep "debug_options"
#debug_options ALL,1 33,2 28,9
debug_options ALL,1 33,2

then read your cache.log (maybe in /var/log/squid/). the uncommented
line will show you some information. the commented line will show you
detailed information on exactlly what each ACL is returning....

try this:
tail -f /var/log/squid/cache.log

as you make your requests

cheers
jmf

> Thanks
> Craig

DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential information or privileged material and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a named addressee and mistakenly received this message you should not copy or otherwise disseminate it: please delete this e-mail from your system and notify the sender immediately. E-mail transmissions are not guaranteed to be secure or without errors as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. Therefore, the sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message that arise as a result of e-mail transmissions. Please request a hard copy version if verification is required. Critical Software, SA.