Re: [squid-users] Need Help, Connection Refused.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 15:50:30 +0200

fre 2007-03-30 klockan 18:17 +0800 skrev Kenny Lee:
> Hi all,sdsdsd
>
> i am a beginner for Squid. I have setup a Squid Proxy with Suse Linux 10.2,
> and i have a web server which now connecting to squid proxy to access
> internet. Everythings is working fine, the web server can surf net, update
> Spamassassin, & update Clam Antivirus. Outsider also can browse to my
> website which hosted in that web server. ... Ok ... the problem is here,
> when i used my PC or web server (which all connected to squid proxy) to
> browse to my website, the IE return me "(111) Connection Refused". I checked
> my access.log and found this log ...

A quite common cause to such errors is /etc/hosts settings on the proxy
server giving wrong information about the IP of your web server..

Another possibility is if you are doing NAT to allow Internet to access
the web server. You must then make sure that the traffic from the proxy
passes via the NAT, or that it knows (via /etc/hosts) the internal IP.

Regards
Henrik